Thursday, April 8, 2010

He's leaving me :(

Thomas leaves for his month of training in California this Saturday. I will be getting up at 3:15AM on my first day off to drop him off. I think Ana's going to miss him the most. All of this week he's been getting off right after morning PT, so she hasn't had to be home alone for more than an hour all week.

He came and ate lunch with us today. He showed up just as I was finishing up our first PT test. I came in 3rd place :) 2 guys in front of me and 3 guys and 1 girl behind me. I came in 2nd on both the push-ups and sit-ups. Things are lookin' good for me! I ran a 13:02 mile and half and I want to be at an 11:59 or better by the time I graduate the academy. That minute is a lot because I already feel like I could pass out :) It's SOOOOOOOOO hot here.

Well, I have to shower and get my swanky suit back on because we have "family night" tonight. There is only one other person with a spouse so it will just be Thomas and that guys wife. All the recruits have to go though because the Captain's coming to talk to us. We have to be there in an hour.

So far things are going great. Things I've learned.....

1) I do not like shining boots. It's HARD work. My arms get way too tired.

2) Marine's shine the heck out of their boots (we have a Marine recruit). I think I could see myself in his boots.

3) My stomach growls so loud the people sitting next to me can hear it.


As my fellow recruits learned today, I may be the smallest but I can hold my own. They don't have to worry about me!