Thursday, April 1, 2010

not a joke

I realize that this is the worst day of the year to post any kind of news, but we found out today that the Army is not going to honor Thomas' dwell time. This means that he will be going back to Iraq in July, instead of October. Long story short, the Army reads it's rules to benefit themselves and even though it states in Thomas' contract that he did NOT sign a waiver (to waive his 12 months of dwell time) they don't care. He's NOT a happy camper. He leaves next week for a month of training in California so I have two months with him before he leaves again. I would NOT joke about this, but I'll post again tomorrow to assure you I'm dead serious. He will be leaving the first week in July. He should receive orders when he gets back from California.

I am 99% sure that my academy graduation is going to be June 25Th (Friday) and that is the weekend that a lot of family is going to come and visit. If you would like to see Thomas before he leaves I highly recommend that weekend because he's going to try to get a four day pass. That means if you flew in Thursday night, you could stay through Monday and he should have it off. We thought we had a lot more time than we do, but it's the Army.

I have an email with a list of hotels that are right across the street, so if you'd like that list just let me know and I can forward it to you.

Hopefully he's not too cranky to enjoy his last couple months with me. He tends to get understandably moody when they screw him like this. Maybe lots of days at the beach will cure the blues :)

On a much happier note: Happy day late birthday to Sara and happy birthday to my mom today!