Tuesday, January 19, 2010

We're back!

So much to post. Our apartment is mostly organized (as good as it's going to get) so I'll start there. Our office doubles as storage so I will not be posting pictures of that, it's not cute at all. My goal is to post a little something every day because it helps me to appreciate the little things.

Updates after pictures.

Our new beautiful display case that we're using to house our booksAfter almost four years of marriage we finally purchased our very first TV stand. We love it. We bought it at the same place we bought the display case. I love the details on them both.Our living room. Ana is in this picture. She's hiding under the blanket. She thinks every couch, bed, and blanket we have belongs to her.Our mantel. From left to right is a vase (below) filled with hand painted napkin rings from the Black Forest in Germany, a wedding picture, a little bowl I bought in Japan (filled with candy for my darling), candles, a decorative mug brought back from Morocco by my friend in Germany, another wedding picture, tea can, and a vase we bought on our vacation in Arizona. We have a cultured mantel.The beautiful napkin holders.Kitchen. Nothing fancy. Our loft/bedroom. Again, I don't bother to make our bed so don't be shocked.The jewelry holder I bought in Italy. The cutest peeps in the world.

I'll take pictures from the outside later and hopefully post them tomorrow.

Updates:

1) Thomas will only be in the dfac until next month. His unit is deploying this July so they're going to begin training. Thomas will be training with them which means a lot of time away from home :( He'll be in the field here at Ft. Stewart for a month, then in California for a month. He does not have orders yet but everyone has told him he will get his dwell time (1 year from his last deployment) so they won't send him until September 22nd of this year. Not great news, but we were expecting it. His unit is going back to Iraq. Note from a military wife: NEVER believe politicians or the news. Just a helpfil tip.

2) I will be sort of looking for a job when Thomas leaves for the field next month. I'll have the car so I'm going to head out and see what I can find. I will be getting a job when he deploys for sure but until then I'm going to hold out in hopes that I can find something I really like. If I find something right away then I'll take it but Thomas would rather have me home....so why fight that? :)
3) Ana is as lazy and cute as ever. She doesn't love the heat, she practically dies on our runs, and she does not know what to think of the birds that are bigger than her.

4) Ana and I found our first gator skin a couple weeks ago.

5) Thomas threw Ana to the gators on accident :( I would have killed him if she had gotten eaten. We went to a park and there was a pond and neither of us thought about the fact that gators might be in there so he threw her off the dock. We walk further down and read a sign that said "OK TO WATCH ALLIGATORS BUT PLEASE DO NOT FEED." Needless to say I freaked and we left! Talk about a close call. Poor little Ana. She was almost gator lunch.

6) Thomas golfed for the first time this weekend. We won't mention scores ;) To his credit it has been like three years since he's golfed. I haven't lost my mad golf cart driving skills though.

7) We went to the ocean but it was freezing. Beautiful, but way too windy this time of year.

I think that's about it. We've been relaxing and enjoying the fact that we finally have couches to sit on and a bed to sleep in.

Hope everyone is doing well. As soon as Thomas downloads the pictures off his camera I will finish our Italy posts.

Love,

Us